Want to mentor the next generation of intensive care ultrasound scanners?
Our FUSIC accreditation programme gives you this opportunity.
You will need to be a healthcare professional with suitable experience and regular practice in Intensive Care ultrasound. As a minimum, you are expected to have been accredited in the relevant FUSIC topic (or equivalent) you wish to mentor in for at least 12 months, and be able to demonstrate support from a local Supervisor.
- To support and advise clinicians/mentees through the FUSIC accreditation process
- To enable access to a suitable ultrasound machine and acutely ill patients
- To oversee the necessary supervised scans
- To review logbook scans
- To sign-off competencies and recommend mentees for a triggered assessment
- To identify a local Supervisor for review of difficult cases and ongoing clinical support
- To countersign (with Supervisor) the summary training record to confirm that a mentee has satisfactorily completed all the training components
In the application form below, you will be asked about your ultrasound experience. Recognised qualifications are:
How to apply.
- FICE/CUSIC/FUSIC accreditation
- BSE Level 1
- BSE Level 2
- RCR Level 1
- RCR Level 2
- Please include any equivalent qualifications in your application and these will be reviewed by the FUSIC Committee
You can sign up to become a mentor at any time. Please click on the link below to fill out the application form. A member of the Learning team will review your application and get back to you shortly.
Please note that the fTOE accreditation pathway will only have supervisors at this stage who will perform the role of both the mentor and the supervisor. Please see the supervisor webpage to apply.