Would you like to be a FUSIC Mentor?
Any healthcare professional with suitable experience and regular practice in intensive care ultrasound can become a FUSIC Mentor.
To become a FUSIC Mentor, as a minimum, we expect you to:
- Have been FUSIC-accredited in the relevant module for at least 12 months (or be able to demonstrate suitable training and clinical experience in keeping with this standard)
- Be able to demonstrate on-going clinical involvement with training and service delivery over at least the past 12 months
- Have the support from a local supervisor who fulfils our inclusion criteria as outlined in the training pack
- Be approved by application to the Society's FUSIC committee
As a Mentor, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To identify a local Supervisor to provide you with ongoing clinical support, review of difficult cases, and to perform the triggered assessment.
- To enable learners to access a suitable ultrasound machine and scan critically ill patients
- To provide learners with a hands-on beside training
- To review all your learner's logbook images and reports
- To sign-off your learner's competencies
- To refer them to your Supervisor when they have completed all training components and you decide that they are ready for their triggered assessment
How to apply:
- Complete the Mentor application form (found below)
- Find a local Supervisor to support your application (search for a Supervisor below)
- Submit your application to our accreditation team
- If approved, start supporting learners through their accreditation journey
Teaching ultrasound is a very rewarding experience, and it is the best way to maintain and progress your own clinical skills. But, more importantly, it enables more clinicians and patients to benefit from this exciting and rapidly evolving field. We encourage you to get involved and look forward to working with you in the future.
If you need any further information, or need help with your application, please contact our accreditation team: email@example.com