Following a review by Council, the ICS has decided to reinstate the Linkman Scheme. We are therefore recruiting members to act as ICS Linkman for their hospital. Each Linkman will be the means of communication between the Intensive Care Society and intensive care community. The ICS wants to hear what you and your colleagues have to say: the scheme will also improve communication from the ICS to its members.
If you are passionate about Intensive Care, want to ensure your staff and colleagues are fully informed of the latest developments and trends within the specialty, this may be for you. Furthermore, if you and your colleagues have views and ideas you want to share with ICS Council, this will give you the opportunity to do so.
How will it work?
Linkmen will be informed of any news, events, research and foundation activities that are of interest to the Critical Care community, and will be asked to:
- Distribute events material and membership information
- Help with the diffusion of ICS news and ad hoc circulars, for example swine flu updates
- Encourage colleagues to support and fundraise for the Intensive Care Foundation and other ICS research activities
- Assistance with the ICS endorsed Surveys
- Help with other ad hoc requests from the ICS
In return for your assistance you will be given:
- Discounted event attendance to selected ICS seminars Linkman networking opportunities with ICS Council members
- Linkman annual meeting at one of the ICS major meetings
- A dedicated Linkman log in area on the ICS website ( still in development stages)
We are looking to recruit one consultant linkman and one N&AHP for each hospital/unit. Nomination of deputies to ensure continued communication in the event of your absence from work will be encouraged.
Applications will be welcomed from any Consultant and N&AHP members of the ICS. (A separate Trainee Linkman Scheme based on Deaneries is in existance details here).
There are still a lot of hospitals without representation, especially for N&AHP linkmen.
If you wish to discuss the scheme further, please contact Nina Taylor.
Next Linkman Meeting
Monday 3rd March 2014 at Churchill House, London.
The meeting will follow a similar format to the forth linkman meeting, more details to follow shortly.
Forth Linkman Meeting
Third Linkman Meeting
Thank you to everyone who attended the 3rd meeting of the linkmen, minutes are now available below.
Second Linkman Meeting
Thank you to everyone who attended the second meeting of the linkman, minutes are now available to view below.
First Linkman Meeting
Thank you to everyone who attended the first meeting of the linkman, minutes are now available to view below.